Sunday, June 2, 2013

Will I have What it Takes?

Today, and probably as I write this, a week begins for 12 familes in Port St. Joe, Florida. It's the second week of six for Blue Skies retreats this year. Around 100 volunteers arrived yesterday to complete the preparation and training process. I'm hoping they update their facebook page with lots of pictures so I can follow along as they journey through their time together.




 
My time will be here in just two short weeks! As I settle into my summer "routine" (that's really an oxymoron!) I think of my summer in terms of BBS (Before Blue Skies) and ABS (you can probably figure that one out on your own.) BBS is filled with preparation. I  think I'm pretty ready. I even found my Hawaiian shirt and Western outfit...thanks Katie White for the Pirate costume! But am I really ready? Do you ever sign up for something and then as it gets closer wonder if you are "adequate", enough for the job?



I've been around this Earth long enough to know that events and occasions like this take a lot of work behind the scenes in order for things to run smoothly. I am so thankful for the directors and all the people who have been putting in countless hours for many months to make this week special for our guest families. I sincerely pray that I will quickly find a "niche" in this process so that I too can contribute...many hands make light work, right?

That being said, I've agreed to help coordinate the spa day for the guest moms. This is one of those areas where I am feeling pretty inadequate. I've never even been to a spa and I've never been to Blue Skies. Does getting a pedicure count??? I am really going to need some major equipping to be done here so that we can make this a great and relaxing afternoon for our guests. Trust and faith, right? I'm open to any ideas and suggestions any of you may have!


Over the next two weeks, I will remind myself that God equips us to that which he calls us. I believe I'm supposed to be involved in this ministry, therefore, I WILL have what it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment