Saturday, May 25, 2013

Appreciating Each Day

Yesterday was the BEST Friday of the year! School is out!!! (except for a couple of final reports and clinic wrap up tasks). There's something about that Friday night when the entire summer looms ahead. Past experience tells me that it will be over in a flash so I have come to learn to appreciate each and every day of the break. As much as I want to slow every day down, I can't wait to get to June 15th when it's time to travel to Port St. Joe, FL for my Blue Skies week.


Appreciating every day is something these families we will be hosting know better than anyone. None of us knows what the next day will bring but not all of us live like we know that on a daily basis. Selfishly, I'm looking forward to the inspiration these families will provide for me and the other volunteers as we are reminded of this.
 
As we start summer on this Memorial Day weekend, let's remember the reason for the weekend and give thanks for those who have given their lives in service to our country.

Happy Summer Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment