Friday, June 7, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Blue Skies!

The signs are everywhere that our week at Blue Skies is almost here! For example...


We can now see the weather forecast for the time we will be there!

Secondly, the emails are coming more regularly with more and more details of our week. Since my last posting I have learned the following:

  • I will be helping with the "Bluebirds."  Three mornings during our week, the parents will participate in Kindred Spirits (led by my good friend Salli!). During that time, the children sign up for all kinds of fun activities. I will be working with the 5y.o. and under age category. They don't sign up. They just come! We'll have pool time, movies and all kinds of fun toys.
  • I will be on cooking dinner duty on Thursday. I have no idea what we'll be cooking. Now, this is right up my alley cuz those who know me know I really do love to cook. I hear the food is great!
  • I have a much clearer picture of what our spa day for the mom's will look like. I met with the kind soul who agreed to co-lead this with me. Neither of us has been to Blue Skies but thanks to some solid help from our director, we THINK we have a handle on the event. The guest mom's and teenage daughters will be sent an invitation the evening before and will be given a "spa basket." Here's the start of what they will look like.
     
 
The baskets will be filled with a scrubbie, nail brush, bath salts, a journal and other fun things.
 
We have some snacks figured out too. There will be fruit infused water, sweet tea, a yogurt parfait bar, salty munchies and "flip flop cookies" made from these:
 
Mom's will be treated to pedicures and manicures, cold wet minty towels, spritzing bottles, magazines, and plenty of fellowship. Spa music has been downloaded and will be playing as well.
 
Another sign that the time is getting close is that my poor daughters room is being taken over by Blue Skies "stuff." (Sorry Molly!)
 
 
 
In that pile of stuff is 100 Hershey's bars and all the graham crackers and marshmallows needed for smores. I have to keep them locked in there so I forget they're around!
 
 
 
If you look closely, in the corner is a hawaiian lei for Hoola by the Poola night.
 
I am feeling incredibly blessed to be able to volunteer with this organization. Thanks again to ALL who have supported me both financially and with your prayers. My intent is to blog each night about the days activities. I hope you'll follow along! We leave in one short week!
 
 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Don't act like that's my room - you call it "Guest Room A" now. But so excited for your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may call it guest room "A" but it will always be "Molly's room." LYLAD

      Delete
  2. By "led" if you mean that I will be in there, with the pastor, share my story, and start us off, that's what I do. Otherwise, nothing at all...I can't wait! Will be great to be there with you and to finally meet all the families I have been talking to for months!
    Nothing but Blue Skies!
    Salli

    ReplyDelete