Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's About to Get Real!

In less than 48 hours I will be in Port Saint Joe, Florida for my first Blue Skies Retreat. I am a lot excited and a little nervous...but mostly excited. I attended our final meeting this past Sunday and let me tell you, the directors and the people who have been organizing and planning this retreat for months have done an extraordinary job. Their attention to detail is beyond impressive. So many people have put in hours too many to count out of a love for these guest families that they haven't even met yet. They truly have a servants heart.

My house is clean, my clothes are washed and my theme night outfits are ready. I have 100 chocolate bars ready to be made into smores (can't promise there will be 100 when we get there. Pray there isn't a chocolate emergency along the way!) and so much other "stuff" I fear my ride down there will look at it and tell me to drive myself. It could happen.



Apparently, the most important final preparation is the Blue Skies Pedicure. That has been quite the topic of discussion on Facebook over the past few days. Who knew? The choices in the shades of blue polish were almost overwhelming. Here is my final result;

 
 
As I listened on Sunday to all that is coming up, I again started to question my ability and preparedness for the upcoming week. I am reminded in Hebrews that God has called me and he will equip me. I know and I believe that...here's what the Bible has to say about it:
 
"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Hebrews 13: 20-21
 
Next time you hear from me I will be on the retreat. Until then, nothing but Blue Skies Ahead! Thanks for following along!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment