Monday, June 17, 2013

Belly Laughs

This morning started with our daily 8 a.m. meeting. Now, did I say before that these people have thought of every detail? Right down to the coffee! We have "Skip's Coffee Bar" upon entry to the meeting. I'm on board with that!



Thanks Skip! You are my morning hero!

From the meeting, we went to our first Chapel of the week. It truly is a beautiful and worshipful setting. Pictures don't do it justice (guess you'll just have to come down and try it out for yourself!)


The theme of the week for our messages is Ready, Set, Action.

After morning worship, it was time for our H20 groups. While parents attend "Kindred Journeys" the kids go to the activity group of their choice (chosen prior to arrival). I am helping with the "Bluebirds." They are the 5 and unders and there are 10 of them all together, the youngest is 8 weeks. They are cute, fun and active! We take them to the pool and we play and play. I am sooooo glad the pool is warm!  One in particular was having a few issues with my rules so I made him the "Sheriff" of the pool. Once he was in charge, he was on board! I really had fun and hopefully wore their little hineys out for their parents so they could have a good nap in the afternoon.

I'm getting to know my family a little better. Brayden's momma is suffering with a pinched nerve and her mom has come with her to help her out. He has a two year old brother who was in my Bluebird group this a.m. She really has her hands full and I hope that she is getting a chance to get some rest. Brayden had a great time fishing this morning. I was talking to him later on and was telling him about the "Sheriff." Well, he thought that was just the funniest thing and let out a big ole belly laugh...which in turn just made me laugh too. He's not the only one with a belly laugh. I hear it all over and it's just the happiest sound. I can't get enough of it.

Lunch was followed by "free time" for the families. The volunteers are encouraged to spend the time interacting with the families. Most of them were at the pool so that's where I spent my afternoon. I spent the time getting to know a few of the other families and a few of the other volunteers...the Blue Skies family.





 About 4:30, I headed into the condo for some cool down and rest, because soon it was time to get ready for Hoola by the Poola! I didn't take my camera to that because, well, it was a little wet down there but here are Salli and I, in costume and ready to go.


Another delicious dinner and then the games began. I chose to cheer rather than play but honestly, the best entertainment was Melinda and 3 small children, in the pool with water soakers. They would call people over and soak them...every time followed by the biggest belly laughs you could imagine. I took my turn and then sat back and belly laughed with them. Belly laughs are the best. Can't wait to hear some more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment