Wednesday, April 3, 2013

True Confessions

I have to be truthful here...I really feel uncomfortable asking people for money.  I spent a year as co-president of the PTA many moons ago. Now, PTA is heavily about fundraising. Somehow, I was able to avoid a lot of that. There were plenty of other people also involved that year who were so much better at it than me so I just let them handle it. They must have done well because we met our budget and even had some left over.

 Like any other mission trip, a missionary has to fund their way. When I heard the amount I was responsible for to attend the retreat I thought to myself, Gordon and I can handle that ourselves and then I won't have to ask anyone for money. But when I went to orientation, we were all asked to seek support EVEN IF WE PLANNED TO PAY OUR OWN WAY. DRATS!!! I am not off the hook!

I truly believe that when God calls you to service, he equips you for it. I have been asked to raise support for Blue Skies and that's just what I am going to do. I still plan on paying my own way but wouldn't it be awesome if I could raise enough money to pay the way of one of our families? It costs $2500 for a family to attend a Blue Skies retreat. That's my goal...to raise $2500! I am growing more and more passionate about this ministry and am unashamed to ask for your support. There's information at the bottom of this blog about how to donate.

Over the next several weeks I hope to share more details about what this ministry does and the impact it has on families of children with cancer. Truthfully, I believe the bigger impact will be on me and the other volunteers and supporters. Until the next time, here's a glimpse into some of the fun our families will be having.

No comments:

Post a Comment