Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Family Plan!

So yesterday's picture reminded me of yet another very cool thing about this ministry. Whole entire families often volunteer together! Moms and Dads with their kids volunteer together to love on these families of kids with cancer. How awesome is that? Do you have any idea how I wish I could go back 10-15 years so that my family could have done that too? These parents are encouraging their children at a young age to have a servants heart both by modeling it to them and by giving them an opportunity to put it into practice. The leaders for the week work very hard to pair up volunteers with just the right family, whether it be by the ages of the children or common interests. I can only imagine the life long friendships that are formed in one short week.

Here is a picture of my family, about 10 years ago (or so).



They would have made GREAT Blue Skies volunteers! They have been so supportive of my trip this summer.  Both kids are busy with work and school and my husband will be kept busy trying to keep my vegetable garden going while I'm gone. Maybe one year, we can all go together. But for now, it's just me. I love being a part of the family above and I can't wait to be a part of the Blue Skies Family as well.

Back to the picture from yesterday;  it just reminded me about the relationships that will be formed between the kids who volunteer and the kids who are being served. What an awesome gift to all involved. Blessed to be a blessing...

No comments:

Post a Comment