Friday, April 12, 2013

Rested and Ready

Gordon and I had a relaxing and restful time at Orange Beach this past week. The weather was beautiful, the beaches were empty and there were no waits at the restaurants. It was pretty much perfect! Just what I needed!!!

After breakfast each day, we packed up our beach chairs, suntan lotion, books, sunglasses (I even bought a special pair of sunglasses that are readers!), towels, cooler of cold drinks and my iPad. I love the beach and couldn't wait to soak up every minute of it that I could.

There's something so special about just staring out at the ocean while listening to my "Jesus music." It's a very worshipful experience for me. There's a song called "Hosanna" by Hillsong United that we have been singing in church a lot lately. I literally pray the words while I sing them; these in particular:

"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from Earth into Eternity"


"Break my heart for what breaks yours..." Oh how my heart breaks for the families dealing with the disease of childhood cancer. It's awful enough that they have to go through the illness but then to know that so many families are broken apart by the process. I prayed this past week for the families who were on retreat just 100 miles or so to the East of us. Prayed that they would be strengthened through the ministries of Blue Skies.

In my previous post I told you about my friend Salli who would be serving. Gordon and I were able to meet with her and her husband Mike for dinner one night. She had just returned from her time at Blue Skies. She shared a little about her time there and what it meant to her. We'll get together again soon so she can share some more. Salli told me about the first night when the families and volunteers symbolically release their worries by releasing lanterns over the ocean. What a beautiful sight!



Rested and Ready! Just 63 more days until I get to experience this ministry too! Some of you have already partnered with me in helping to send a family! I am in awe of the response and thank you from the bottom of my heart. In Genesis 12 we read that Abraham was blessed to be a blessing. We too are blessed and I know that the families will be blessed through this minstry.

No comments:

Post a Comment