Friday, April 5, 2013

SPRING BREAK!!!

I have left the building! School nurses get just as excited for Spring break as students, teachers and anyone else who works in a school. It's been a long winter with more flu, strep and stomach virus than I've ever seen. I'm tired. I am ready for a break! We have six more weeks of classes (and CRCT!) before summer vacation but this week, I am going to rest and get ready for the final push.

As I rest, the folks of Blue Skies Ministries will be hosting their first retreat of the year. As I rest, they are making final preparations to serve a group of families who need the rest more than most of us can imagine. As I rest, they will be serving and playing and forming lifelong friendships as they minister to these precious children and their parents. As I rest, I will be praying for all of them, volunteers and families alike.

My friend Salli will be one of those volunteers. She's the one who introduced me to Blue Skies Ministries. Salli knows the perspective of a parent of a child with cancer. Her son was diagnosed with lymphoma his senior year of high school. That was 3 years ago and he is doing great! God used that time in her life to equip her for this ministry. He is using her in a mighty way to share hope with families from one who knows the heartache they are going through. This will be her second retreat. She will go on her third retreat the week that I go.

My "vision" of the week is incomplete. I can't wait to experience every minute of it. Here's another glance of some of the fun our families can expect!

I can't wait! But for now, I am going to rest. Have a blast week 1 people!

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Beth!! I SO loved my short, but wonderful, 3 days at Blue Skies this week, and can't wait for you to be there with me in June!!! You will quickly be hooked! It was great seeing you and Gordon for dinner last night, and I look forward to our time next week so I can tell you all about my time after I have processed it all. Safe travels, and know I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed hearing snippets of your time there and can't wait to hear more!

      Delete