Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dreams

I knew I had it somewhere. I knew I had saved it. I spent an hour looking for it the other night and finally, I found it! IT was an essay that my son wrote in third grade. It had to do with his future, how he saw his life playing out at the tender age of 8 years old. I just had to find it because I knew he had written about his plans to one day be a pilot. This Saturday he graduates with his degree in Aviation and his dream fulfilled of becoming a pilot.



As parents we have so many dreams for our kids. From the day we know we are expecting a sweet baby we start dreaming about what this little person will be like, but the one thing you hear from most all parents is, "we just want a healthy baby."

The parents of the children at Blue Skies are living a sort of nightmare. Their dreams have been interrupted by cancer and they just want the nightmare to end. Well for one week, the volunteers of Blue Skies do everything they can to end these families nightmares and give them time to focus on being a whole family again. No appointments, no being pulled in five different directions, just time together, playing and having fun.

I'm feeling particularly nostalgic this week. Key life events do that to me. I'm praying that the families I will be serving this year will also have the opportunity to one day reflect and remember the happier times. I'm praying that Blue Skies Ministries will play a part in the healing process of the nightmares they have had to endure. I believe that in all lifes trials, blessings can be found. I pray that these families will feel the blessings of the ministry of Blue Skies during their life trials. I pray that nightmares will turn to sweet dreams. (still thinking I want to learn how to fold a towel animal before I go!)

2 comments:

  1. I know you will be a great help to whatever family is assigned to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your vote of confidence!

    ReplyDelete