Sunday, May 12, 2013

A short update

Update #1 - At our meeting last week we were told that there are still slots for families who would like to be a guest at Blue Skies this summer. If you know of a family affected by childhood cancer, would you please pass this information to them? They can visit the Blue Skies website to get more information http://www.blueskiesministries.org/ or they are welcome to contact me and I will help them out as well. I have spread the word to all Cobb County school nurses but maybe we can get the word out to the churches and neighborhoods in the area as well. Of course, any family from anywhere is welcome to attend! They only need to be able to get themselves there and back. The rest is provided at no charge to them. I know there are more families who can benefit from this opportunity.


Which brings me to update #2

I am getting closer and closer to reaching my fundraising goal of $2500. That is what it costs to send one family to Blues Skies for a week. This week I passed the $2000 dollar mark!!! I have been humbled by the response to my fund raising letter and thank everyone for partnering with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment