Monday, March 30, 2015

Here we go again!

Sadly, children and their families are still suffering from the effects of childhood cancer. Fortunately, until this ugly disease is wiped out, Blue Skies Ministries continues to provide week long retreats to bring the hope of Christ to families living through the challenges of pediatric cancer. This Saturday I leave to serve on MY fourth retreat and Blue Skies 25th retreat. On my past 3 retreats I have served as a family host, a member of the food crew and as a director. This time I will once again be a family host...I have to say that is my favorite role. Here is a picture of my first family I was privileged to serve.



 All volunteers will arrive on Saturday for orientation and training before the families arrive on Easter Sunday. I am always amazed at how quickly a large group can gel together and pitch in to serve and work selflessly to assure a great time for our guest families. Families often arrive having no idea what to expect, a little leary of what exactly they have signed up for. My prayer is that by the time they get to bed that first night they know how excited we are to serve them and that they accept all the ministry has to offer.



I hope to post as I have in the past, pictures and stories from each day. Until then, I am packing and preparing and can't wait to get there. I hope you will follow along and that you will pray for both our guest families and our volunteers. Here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment