Friday, September 26, 2014

A Lesson Learned and a Deposit in my Faith Bank

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory ...

One month ago I was feeling very discouraged about our upcoming retreat...volunteer signup was practically non-existent and I just couldn't figure out WHO at this point would sign up. Kids are in school, families have taken their vacation time and after all, we only had a month left. Our Coach for the week, Stefan, was very trusting and reminded me that this was GOD's retreat, not ours, and that he would provide. Although I wanted to believe that, the controlling side of me was speaking to God and telling (not asking) that if He could go ahead and send those volunteers NOW, I would really appreciate it.We had 8 guest families signed up, excited for a family vacation and a break from dealing with cancer. I have lost many hours of sleep while fretting over this. When will I learn???

The past 10 days that provision has been realized. Not only do we have SOME volunteers but we now have PLENTY of volunteers...including kids! Kids are what it is all about. The guest family kids don't really want to hang out with me, they want to hang out and play with other kids.




 Thank you Lord for sending the children! Stefan was right! And I have gone from worried to excited...and humbled by my doubt.

The directors leave a week from today. I have NO DOUBT that this is going to be a wonderful week. He who is able to do immeasurably more is in control, and thank the Lord for that! This has been one big deposit in my "faith bank" that will hopefully grow, immeasurably more.

No comments:

Post a Comment